Most people think magazine subscriptions are either a waste of money or are going out of style.
I don’t believe they are…and….Gosh, I hope not! Because I love them!
Someday, I’d even love to publish one of my own one day!!
Yeah, okay, so they may seem a bit costly to purchase, but there a ways to read them at a discount, or for FREE!
These are just some of my favorites:
But, where can you read them without buying them?
1. If you don’t yet have a library card, get one, because the library truly is your best source for free reading (in general).
2. Borrow them from a neighbor, friend or relative when they are done with them.
3. Go in on a subscription 50/50 with someone.
4. Ask for it as a gift (it’s better than getting that turquoise sweater that’s two sizes too big which you know you could never wear)!
5. Buy them when local school kids are doing magazine drives (you are putting your money towards supporting a good cause while getting a goody in the mean time (think of it like a box of Girl Scout cookies- except it’ll last longer!
Bottom line: I like magazines because they are so much more personalized way to get the info you are interested in. They are current, compact and reusable! There are literally thousands on the market and you can get subscriptions on line just as well as in the mail.
Try this website for some fun unique titles.
Visit this site for more magazines.
Oh, and about that recipe thing…. here’s one of my favorite recipes which came from a men’s mag:
Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Chips (They’re not ALL ‘A man and a can’ recipes’!)
Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Dump the slices and 2 Tbsp olive oil (I have adjusted this to about 1/4 cup or more), 1 Tbsp paprika (I’ve often used more), 1 Tbsp black pepper (sometimes I use less) into a zip lock freezer bag, shake up to coat. (The more coated, the yummier.)
Broil in oven for about five minutes and flip chips once then continue until golden brown. YUMMY!